Saturday, December 4, 2010

Olivia Adalene

Today I was putting away Logan's laundry and cleaning his bed. He had an accident last night. I'm finding that he now only seems to have accidents when I bathe him before bed. I think we're done with that, but I can tell you, he wets the bed a Lot less than I did in the 4th grade. Ya, I was a bed wetter. Anyways, Olivia owns half the room and Logan was putting his hands through the bars in her crib to rub the silkies of her blanket.

Me, being me, lifted him up in to her crib. It's his sister, I want them to be comfortable, I want him to be used to her and not think of her as an invading alien. He was quite pleased. He grabbed her seahorse and laid down. Then, he played with all her stuffed animals and asked for his seahorse, and his dragon. [she has one too] and then proceeded to have the animals talk to each other. Quite cute.

Pretty soon there's going to be a live baby in there, a real little girl, all hairy and pink. Pretty soon our lives are going to turn upside down overwhelmed with more love than we already have and definitely more laughs.

This morning we were all laying in the front room cuddling, watching cartoons and Logan was sitting between Tristan and I. I said I couldn't wait for Olivia to be here, to be sitting here laughing and playing. He hadn't realized until now that we're not only having a baby, but a child. But I'm the one with issues since I forgot that I get to Deliver a baby. :p Ya, we're clearly ready for this. Bahahaha.

I can't wait to hold her, to cuddle with her. To have her sit between us all and laugh and smile, to see her and Logan being weirdos and us not understanding a thing they're doing in their own universal language. He's such a sweet heart I don't see how they can't get along.

It's definitely going to be a whole new adventure compared to the one I had with Logan, and I'm ready for it. I know I'll be tired at first, and in pain with breastfeeding and all. I know I'll hate my body, do hate my body. But I also know that the pain will fade, the weight will drop and the energy will return and all this will all be a memory as I'm begging for it all back because truly, it all happens so fast.

I swear just yesterday Logan was cuddled up on the couch with me, passed out on my chest, or learning to eat food food, or learning to stand. Just yesterday he was my little baby.

Pink. I can't wait for a world of pink and girly things, frilly skirts and hair bows, princess' and dolls. I can't wait to see them playing together, to hear her voice.

The way Logan was or is with her seahorse, completely needy and cuddly with it, giving it kisses, makes me smile. He had that thing Everywhere with him when he was younger, til the battery case rotted and I had to pull it out. And I didn't realized he missed it so. He actually started playing with it a lot more Before we got hers. I'd really like to buy another one for him. I think I'm going to have to, especially so he doesn't steal hers when it's down and out of its current resting spot.



A boy and his seahorse

No comments:

Post a Comment