Saturday, October 23, 2010

Logan of the Day

Mr. Loganbear had gone from being the Big Hungry Giant to the World's Pickiest Eater in a matter of days. I am happy to report that his appetite is back.

Yesterday, he ate an entire box of Spongebob Mac N Cheese, after continuously asking for more. Still hungry, bowl of apple sauce. Still hungry, one of his Halloween cookies for being such a good eater. That topped him off.

Today Mr. Bottomless Pit engulfed some cheddar noodles with shredded chicken [soooo good] and some peas and was asking for more... seriously? I gave him Another cookie for being so good, because the last couple days have been a Lot better than the last couple weeks. What does he do? He goes and turns back into a pumpkin.

It's hard to punish him when he's asking for hugs and puckering his lips for kisses. This is where daddy is best at putting his foot down. I've learned not to give in to him as much, though I will give him a kiss and hug before putting my foot down and saying, "GO TO BED CHILD!!!"

I want to be firm with him, but I also want him to know that I love him and I'm not going to refuse a hug or kiss to him. I had many years where it was awkward to hug or kiss my mom and even now to say I love you. I don't want that relationship with us.

So, go ahead. Be a little stink pot and I will still kiss you, still hug you and most importantly of all, still love you.

As for now, it's nap time.

No comments:

Post a Comment